Other Ratings

Aero-Tech has several instructors qualified to take you farther in your training if you desire to do so. You can receive your Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) certificate and enjoy the benefits and rewards of sharing the wonder of flight with others. You can then progress as an Instrument Instructor (CFII) or a Multi-Engine Instructor (MEI). 



Aero-Tech also has the capability of training you for your Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) certificate. This is the pilots’ “masters degree”. It is the highest-level certificate awarded by the FAA. You do not need an ATP unless you are the captain of a scheduled airline; however, many career opportunities, including corporate departments, require their pilots to have an ATP rating. For that reason, most career-oriented pilots train for their ATP before applying for jobs in turbo-props or jets.


The cost of training for these certificates varies greatly depending on your abilities and how long it takes you to acquire the necessary skills. The CFI rating is fairly involved and generally requires more time and money than the CFII and MEI add-ons. The cost of the ATP also varies greatly depending on your skills and how much you have flown in the past.


For answers to specific questions including time, age, and training requirements for these ratings, refer to the Federal Aviation Regulations, or give us a call and talk to one of our flight school instructors. We are happy to help you.